26 Mar 4 Reasons Why Your Company Needs a Blog
Most business people know that their company needs a website. But some are unaware of the potential of a blog. It’s no wonder. 67% of B2B companies still don’t have a blog, and the main reasons for this are generally:
- “We haven’t got time”
- “We haven’t got the staff to write one”
- “There’s no point”
- “Nobody’s going to read it”
So, why should you have a blog? How does it help?
- BRANDING – Blogs are a place where you can train people and offer opinions, perspectives and information that interests your audience, and if you can do so in an original way, your audience will perceive and appreciate your brand’s unique character. Having a section where you publish and share content gives your company personality and shapes your branding and corporate image.
- VISIBILITY – Maintaining and updating a blog gives your business visibility. It’s another communications channel and Google loves blogs. Why? Because it gives it more pages and keywords to search and include in their rankings. A blog makes it easier for search engines (and ultimately your customers) to find you more easily. It results in more visibility, more traffic and more potential customers.
- CREDIBILITY – Having a blog is the perfect opportunity to establish yourself as an authority in your field as it allows you to demonstrate that you know what you’re doing and that you are an expert in your subject and sector. Lots of peoples gain confidence by reading the blogs of companies with whom they want to enter into a relationship, as they like to feel that they can trust you first. It’s a good place to demonstrate that you are credible and trustworthy.
- ATTRACTION – As an inbound marketing strategy (or non-invasive way to attract your audience), a blog is an excellent way to generate leads. Analytics data also give you a better understanding of your target audience. According to Hubspot, companies that blog most are the ones that secure most clients.
All this sounds great, but what do these benefits look like in real figures?
- Companies with a blog achieve 97% more links from other blogs.
- 92% of companies with a blog have obtained a client thanks to their blog.
- B2B companies with a blog generate over 67% more leads than those without a blog.
- When you publish 21-54 posts, your website traffic increases 30%.
- Companies with a blog have 5 times more traffic.
A blog is an asset for any company. The branding, visibility, credibility and attraction a blog provides unquestionably help any business maximise its potential. Here are a few examples of companies achieving success thanks to their blogs.
It’s important to make clear that content is what makes the difference. Blogs must feature quality content and form a transparent, honest and human part of any marketing and communications strategy. To explore what makes quality content in more detail, feel free to contact one of our content experts or leave a comment and our experts will get back to you immediately.
A blog requires considerable effort and dedication – achieving visible results is a long-term project. But don’t be discouraged! You will see the fruit of your labours, and learn that it was really worthwhile. Go for it!